Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 04:34 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I´m not looking at them from a perspective of 2022 free agency, but rather that the players enter the final years of their contracts. Beal could demand a trade. Chicago will make a decision on whether and how much they want to pay Lavine. The day after the 2021 draft we only owe one more 1st round pick.

We could acquire or sign one of these RFAs. I think Collins/Allen will be available in the 20-22M range, which should leave the Mavs enough space to then make a big trade offer to the Bulls for example: Kleber, WCS, Burke, Brunson, and two 1st round picks for an expiring Lavine.

We come back with a young core of

Doncic/Terry
Lavine/Green
Richardson/DFS
Collins/Bey
Porzingis/Veteran BAE

Looks pretty good to me. DFS can slide into the line-up at 2 or 4 to make it above average defensively.

Paying Allen 20 mil is nuts. Why would you do that? Collins will be 25 mil and higher for sure, probably max (a lot of hungry teams there in 2021 - just look at the contracts signed this offseason). 

Unless you lift protection from 2023 pick, you still have only 2027 to trade. If you lift the protection, you can trade 2025. 

I am just saying - if there is opportunity, we should trade in 2020/21, not wait for desperation time in 2021.

(11-24-2020, 04:46 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So that means Porzingis will be out nearly six months with a torn meniscus and people will say that´s a normal recovery time,

What nearly six months are you speaking about? He had operation on 9th of October, which makes 9th of January 3 months after the surgery. So if he is back in January, he misses less than 4 months. They also said on the same podcast, that this injury was not wear/tear related, so no need for heavy load management once he is totally healed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by omahen - 11-24-2020, 04:47 PM