Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 08:52 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: According to Bobby Karalla, Dallas could have scoree 2.3 pp100 less offensively and still have been the most efficient O in the league last year.  But, if they had given up 2.3 pp100 less defensively, they would have been the 9th rated team defensively instead of 18th.

Reading this, I can see the Mavs thought process.

Wright+Jackson were essentially inconsequential players for the Mavs. At no point were they ever really apart of the core or the team success. They were flipped for exactly the kind of wildcard enforcer that makes teams think twice messing with you in James Johnson. 

Johnson doesn't even have to be good here. Just a guy to knock others around and plays good defense. They then flipped Curry (who apparently was the weaker of the core rotation pieces according to the stats Dan pointed out) into the defensive wing we all craved. Richardson I hope makes a big impact.

Mavs should still try to look to upgrade THJ. I know he had a resurgence of a year, but if there ever was a time to sell high on him now's the time. I don't think his close to 40% 3pt shooting is sustainable, given that he's a career 34% from there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-24-2020, 11:53 AM