Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I would be really interesting in a THJ for Hield trade at this point. I am fine with waiting for Giannis extension as that is a big shoe to drop which will effect several front offices around the league. Assuming the Supermax is signed I like Hield a lot as a long-term upgrade over THJ. His contract is not bad at all. It decreases over time so after this year you only have 2 more years left at less money. Hield is a career 41% shooter from 3 and only 27. I honestly think 2 years of Hield in 21 is better and resigning J Rich is better than any other realistic option in 2021. If Giannis stays then Jrue is going to stay with him bc Bucks will pay him whatever it takes (see Middleton's contract). Plus you can get Hield right now, vs waiting for 2021 to unfold. I hope the Mavs strongly consider this option if Giannis takes his supermax.

For the Kings I do think they are wanting to reshape their roster. They tried with Hield, Barnes, Bog and some vets to be decent and couldn't. I expect them to go more towards youth. THJ would give them a suitable replacement for Hield now that they could flip again if they need to.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-23-2020, 03:57 PM