Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-23-2020, 01:34 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Yeah, I’m only taking Heild with a pick. He’s not worth missing out on FA. Hardaway’s contract is now an asset. I’d rather have otto porters bird rights than buddy

Hield for Wiggins makes more sense

1. Getting Hield wouldn't stop you from participating in FA next year. 
2. Hield is a better player than OPJ has ever become.
3. Kings are looking to save money, not add to their ever increasing lux tax bill.

I posted a couple of pages back what kind of shooter Hield is. He is absolutely worth more than just THJ. The Mavs getting him turns this team from a top 4 hopeful, to a bonafide homecourt advantage team looking to make a deep run.

(11-23-2020, 01:54 PM)cow Wrote: That's primarily Powell's role and why he got the contract he received.  Sprinkle in a little Boban.  JJB can provide leadership, just not as a player.  And I'm saying that as someone who has him ranked as his second favorite Mav ever.

Something that both Powell and Boban don't have is significant playoff experience. JJ has been to the playoffs 8 times in his 14 year career. He is the lone player with NBA finals experience. 

That is something that inherently has value.

(11-23-2020, 01:26 PM)deronjohn Wrote: If I am not mistaken, we do not have to trade THJ. Hield has a poison pill contract so Sacramento does not have to take the same salary in return so you could see a pick and maybe Iwundu for Buddy Hield or maybe Sacramento should give us a pick since we are taking on extra salary.

Buddy's first year contract counts 50% of its value in trades, so he's worth 12.2 in any outgoing trade. Mavs can't just give Iwundu for Buddy, plus since they signed Iwundu they can't trade him anyways.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-23-2020, 01:56 PM