Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Johnson could even play small ball center

Luka, Rich, THj, DFS, Johnson

The flexibility of this roster is amazing. Plus the trade deadline is there for us. See where we are then, but THj/OPj and Johnson/Aldridge swaps could be easy deals to make. Why couldn’t we be the 2nd best team in the west if everything goes well?

(11-23-2020, 01:26 PM)deronjohn Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 01:18 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 01:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If you want my honest opinion (could be wrong) I think that Sacramento would likely do a THJ/Hield trade straight up, as it gives them a shooting option for the season and gets the financial savings they desperately need sooner. And, if Dallas were in a different situation overall, like if they were contenders with the roster in place, only they were hoping for an even better shooter or they were somehow worried about THJ leaving for nothing, then I'd do it, for sure.

If Giannis signs his Supermax in December would the Mavs consider a THJ for Hield trade? I think you could argue pretty easily that Hield is a better version of what you get in THJ. I would be for such a move, I don't think Hield would be hard to move if he doesn't work out but it's hard to picture how a guy that can score like that wouldn't work out in Dallas.

I worry Mavs will still want to keep cap space open in 2021 even if Giannis signs his supermax. I would much rather have the bird in the hand of Hield and try to resign J Rich. Mavs have 2 stars and the other guys just need to slide into well-fitting roles in the offense. Hield is your shooter and scorer. J Rich is your best defender that can also shoot and score. The 5th starter would be DFS or Maxi that provide additional 3D. And that's your team, I think that would be a contending team.

Mavs could just roll with THJ indefinitely. I do think THJ will benefit from J Rich being out there as another wing threat to score. For my money I would try to land Hield if you could really get him for just THJ straight up.

If I am not mistaken, we do not have to trade THJ. Hield has a poison pill contract so Sacramento does not have to take the same salary in return so you could see a pick and maybe Iwundu for Buddy Hield or maybe Sacramento should give us a pick since we are taking on extra salary.
Yeah, I’m only taking Heild with a pick. He’s not worth missing out on FA. Hardaway’s contract is now an asset. I’d rather have otto porters bird rights than buddy

Hield for Wiggins makes more sense
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by Jason Terry - 11-23-2020, 01:34 PM