Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I am going to boldly predict that one of James Johnson, Josh Green, Bey or Iwundu are going to turn into a fan favorite this year. I am betting that will be James Johnson. I think he could surprise us like Aminu did a few years ago. Josh Green could emerge just like DFS and Crowder did their first year. Maxi also impressed his first year. In Rick's offense I think the SF/PF spots are not that complicated. You need to play defense, hustle and hit 3 pointers for the most part.

James Johnson is my pick bc he has already had success in this league. Just a couple of years ago Miami thought he was worth 43 million dollars. He played well for Minnesota down the stretch and he has been a 20 mpg guy for his career. I can picture him being one of the bigs off the bench this year making hustle plays like Aminu did when he was here. Especially with KP out to start the season I could see Maxi getting starter minutes. That would leave a spot open for a stretch big off the bench which to me would be James Johnson.

Maxi started the entire playoffs and was for sure the 5 when KP was out. Mavs went small with Burke at SG and DFS at PF.

Rick would of course have J Rich in the starting lineup, not Burke but that lineup could otherwise be the same:

Doncic, THJ, J Rich, DFS, Maxi.

Your guards off the bench will probably be Brunson + Burke. Bigs could be Johnson and Powell or WCS or Boban. I don't know that we will see a lot of Boban, WCS and Powell paying together. Backup SF is a big question but likely Green will get some of those minutes.

At any rate I think Johnson could be a guy that has success off the bench this year.

(11-23-2020, 12:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 12:38 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Seth Curry and the Nos. 18 and 31 picks for Covington

WAY too rich. Good for Donnie for saying NO.

That is the equivalent of:

JRich, #36, #31, #18 all for RoCo. Would you do that? 

I wouldn't and I LOVE RoCo.

No way I would have done Curry and all that for RoCo. J Rich is a much better trade. If it was Wright + picks I would have been all over that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-23-2020, 12:53 PM