Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-23-2020, 10:31 AM)wisco Wrote: Ok let me rephrase - I hope he earns himself a "real" contract. Just looked at his stats - he can do it all: has an NBA body, can defend, is a hustle guy, steals the ball and hits the 3 38% of the time. Why didnt he get selected earlier?

This is what The Athletic has on him in their draft info

I’m not sure anyone in this 2020 NBA Draft cycle plays harder than Hinton. Just straight up. He constantly works on the court. He chases the ball, chases his man on defense, chases on the glass. He’s just awesome from an effort perspective, and there is some genuine toughness there. He plays through contact, and plays with force. He also is a pretty solid shooter, having hit 39 percent from 3 this past year. Houston put him in a 3-and-D role surrounded by guards, and asked him to defend up and down the lineup, depending on matchups, and he did it all with ease. The issues here are two-fold. First, he’s not really a movement shooter. Most of his possessions came out of standstill spot-ups last year. Second, his athleticism is a real concern. He doesn’t have any burst or lift. Basically, he’s just getting by through outworking everyone, and with good basketball IQ for the way the ball will come off of the rim for rebounds. Simply put, he just might not be quite talented enough to play in the NBA unless he can really lock down that shooting consistency at a high level. But I absolutely want a guy like this to be around my team because he’ll push everyone around him, and I’d happily give him a two-way deal without thinking twice. Would happily take a bet on the shooting coming through, knowing that if it does he can be a 3-and-D rotation player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by omahen - 11-23-2020, 10:38 AM