Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-23-2020, 10:05 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: So seeing where Gasol and Baynes are headed now it makes sense why the Mavs didn't get these guys. They will be getting a lot more minutes where they are headed.

The one that hurts is Jae Crowder, 3 for 30. I suspect Mavs chose plan powder over Crowder. Burke is on a nice team-friendly contract and could prove to be very valuable if we see bubble Burke back. I think Mavs chose to split their aces with Burke and a big (WCS but could have been Gasol) rather than go for Crowder. I also think the Suns probably could promise him more minutes than the Mavs who have other options at PF than just Crowder should he have come here. I do think they would have given him starter minutes for the most part but maybe he was more confident that he would have the starting spot all year in Phoenix. At any rate that was a really good value contract that could have been moved easily next year if need-be. I do wonder if Mavs were offering him a multi-year deal or not. We would have lost out on Burke so maybe the issue there is that our veteran guard situation would have been a bit thin.

(11-23-2020, 09:47 AM)wisco Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 05:30 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: After watching this,

https://youtu.be/E0vqvcZeXi0

...I don't want the ancient mummified relics of JJB to keep Hinton out of a two-way contract.

Cut Green for JJB? Bold, but nope.
Cut Terry for JJB? Nope.
Cut Wes for JJB? Nope.
Cut Tiger for JJB? Tbqh, the least atrocious of these options. But nope. 

JJB, take your seat on the bench next to RC and the assistants and let the kids play.

Holy moly. If I would have seen this video pre-draft without knowing the different prospects, my eyes would have told me that this guy is a lottery pick. So much heart - incredible. Lets hope he makes it to the team during the season.

Hinton is already on a 2-way.

Ok let me rephrase - I hope he earns himself a "real" contract. Just looked at his stats - he can do it all: has an NBA body, can defend, is a hustle guy, steals the ball and hits the 3 38% of the time. Why didnt he get selected earlier?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by wisco - 11-23-2020, 10:31 AM