Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-23-2020, 04:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just some food for thought: 

-Buddy has made more 3's in the last 2 years than Seth Curry has made in his entire career (549 to 446).
-Buddy's worst year as a pro (his rookie year) saw him average 39% from 3, and made 148 threes total. Good for 29th in the league. Seth Curry last year made the most 3's he's ever made as a pro with 145. 
- Buddy has 873 made 3's in his career. He's made the most 3's in the shortest amount of time in NBA history. He beat Steph Curry by 8 games.
- THJ has 944 made threes in his entire 7 year career. 

Buddy's level of shooting is literally only matched by Steph Curry. He's arguably a better shooter than Klay Thompson, Ray Allen, and Reggie Miller. His only issue is that is probably his only elite skill. He isn't a great defender. He's not a ball handler. He's not a play maker. But man, can he shoot it.

Dude's a bucket, I get that. I've been campaigning for him. But why is there no trade market for him?

-Attitude (not returning Walton's call), not happy a sixth man, asking off the team. That's not great, but again he's so offensively talented, I can't imagine that attitude issue would push away all suitors. Plus you have to factor in the organization he is part of.
-Hi contract isn't terrible.
-Asking price (starting to think this is it). Maybe they want an expiring, young prospect and picks.

Show me your trade ideas to entice them to move him, please. What if they said, we want Allen, Brunson, THJ and 20217 FRP?

And again, are the Mavs even interested?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cow - 11-23-2020, 04:19 AM