Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
At any rate, Kings need to trade Buddy. I think that relationship is beyond repair. I'd keep Bogdan if I were them but maybe that relationship is fubar too. I'd probably sign him no matter what and trade him next offseason. You could pick up a first round pick for him pretty easily.

Buddy's a better version of THJ but more expensive with the additional bonus of knowing what he costs. Could you convince the Kings to take THJ (expiring) and Powell? Both of those guys are team guys so with Barnes (and Fox), you'd have an improved culture over Hield. If they don't retain Bogdan, you could probably retain THJ long term at a similar number or lesser and certain lesser than Hield's number. If not, you could flip THJ at the trade dead line. If Buddy has no trade suitors, his value is neutral at best and more than likely negative. Including Powell probably means you need to sweeten the deal.

-THJ + Brunson works
-THJ + Powell works
-THJ + Powell + Brunson works

I still think they need more compensation in the event that Powell is part of the deal. I'm not comfortable trading away the 2027 FRP. Do they have a shorter term bad contract they could send with him (Corey Joseph or Jabari Parker)? We could include 2nd round picks or some of this years draft class.

But back to there being no interest league wide to trade for Hield, does that give you pause? Do the Mavs have interest? Where the Mavs even linked to Bogdan? And if you are the Kings, you should obviously not take back Powell. It is the Kings and all but maybe you just swap THJ/Brunson or THJ/Iwundu + a future SRP.

I think Hield is super interesting and we could make him the best version of himself which would be a further upgrade to THJ. Maybe you could make him a neutral defender. He is a risky move though and if you do trade for him and include assets, it needs to work out because if it doesn't you are going to have a hard time getting off of his contract.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the no leaguewide interest in Buddy. Maybe the asking price is just too high which wouldn't be surprising considering the haul that the Jrue trade generated.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cow - 11-23-2020, 03:46 AM