Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-23-2020, 01:36 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: Saw dlord talking about Buddy on twitter. 
I can't help but wonder if the Kings decide to go ahead and match it and hang onto to both with the idea they move buddy by the start of next season? Shoot you can match and keep both and move one in the offseason.

In my own biased opinion, that makes the most sense.

Bogdon would be nearly 20 mil cheaper overall than Buddy over the course of his contract. He's also less of a drama queen. Considering Buddy has done everything possible to signal he wants to leave, I am SUPER puzzled why the Kings chose to move on from Bogdon.

Not only would Bogi be cheaper, he also replicates about 80% of what Buddy brings, AND is okay with coming off the bench. Considering they just drafted combo guard Haliburton, they have to ask themselves who would make more sense to keep?? Buddy doesn't want to come off the bench, and Haliburton isn't a SF. 

Again, I really don't know why the Kings don't just match the Bogdon deal and move on from Buddy and get other assets for him. 

But I'm also biased, and would believe Buddy Love would be such a perfect fit on this team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-23-2020, 01:51 AM