Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
A little late to the Lake-show here, but I want to put in my .02.

First off that team starts and ends w Lebron and AD. They were the most loaded team in the bubble and I won’t say they easily won bc the Nuggets had a chance to beat them and they never faced the Clippers.

But c’mon, they lost Howard and McGee and got Gasol and Harrell. They are fine.

Lose Rondo and gain Schroeder. Screw you Lakers. I won’t try and pretend they are moving backwards with this move, but secretly I would love that to happen.

Rationally I can’t say they aren’t the favorites.

Clippers will run it back and should be a top 4 seed.

Nuggets the same. Another top 4 seed.

My only ask of the Mavs is to earn a top 4 seed. I think they can do it. Defense is going to be our calling card and defense you can rely on. We should take a major leap from last year in terms of record as we just barely learned how to close games in the final 8 before the bubble.

If we can get that top 4 seed we can possible get to the WCF and then it’s a toss up from there. I thought we were on par with the Nuggets all last year. They had more playoff experience and clearly have become a better team than us, but we should be noticeably better by next years playoffs.

Which is why I have us leap frogging the Rockets, Warriors(bc Klay is out but they can still probably challenge us), Jazz and Portland are good but we will be better.

The ultimate question: Can we beat the Lakers to get to the finals?

I say Yes. We are the ultimate difficult match up for them. We are going to be a rough rider group next year and I believe we will put fear into our opponent. Mavs are nice guys but won’t be on the court. Luka’s personality is straight killer instinct and that’s going to be our personality as a team.

Can’t wait.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT - 11-23-2020, 12:08 AM