Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 09:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:21 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I get that we're supposed to hate the Lakers but 90% of this board thought they had no shot last year because of their lack of depth.  Now they get legit depth and people think they got worse.

To be fair, I did not see Rajon Rondo shooting over 40% from 3 and Anthony Davis never getting an injury. 

Everything fell in place for the Lakers. I do think on paper they've improved, but the Lakers are a wonky team. Maybe losing Rondo/Howard/Bradley might actually set them back.

Schroder isn't as good on defense, but is certainly better on offense. It remains to be seen what Harrell can do without another 6MOY on the court and  has never been known for his defense, but he's now playing with Lebron so... 

Overall I think the Lakers do take a step back. Just natural after winning a title and the average age of that team. But how much of a step back remains to be seen and even if they do take a step back they're probably still right there to win the title.
Yeah the Lakers are favorites for sure but I also wouldn't be shocked if age finally caught up with them, especially with the compressed season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by Branduil - 11-22-2020, 10:34 PM