Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 08:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:19 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Harrell is such a massive downgrade for who they are. They won by defense. Harrell was an absolute liability against everyone in the playoffs. 

Downgrade from what? He's a guy who won't be on the floor during the last 5 minutes of playoff games, replacing other guys who will ALSO not be on the floor during the last 5 minutes of playoff games...and those guys weren't contributing much (least of all DEFENSE) during the first 43 minutes of those games, either. 

Acting like McGee is a loss for LA would be like getting pissed if the Mavs weren't able to bring WCS back, only an OLD version. He's a body they had to live with and throw minutes at because they couldn't free up money right away for a better player. You guys can argue with me if you want, but I've followed that team, I know what I'm talking about. At least with WCS there's a CHANCE he figures some things out and turns a corner. It's not likely, but it's possible. That ship sailed for McGee years ago. 

Howard was a little better, but not at all anything worth getting into a twist about. 

Just look at the market for Howard vs. the market for Gasol. It's obvious. You think Philly didn't try Gasol first? They took what they could get, just like the Lakers did with Howard last year.

Howard. For all of his issues he's still a defender and rim protector. Harrell is a sieve. They'll probably win more games during the regular season. But I strongly feel like they are going to get exposed and attacked in the playoffs. 

Mcgee is trash. They won't miss him. Although I'm not convinced Gasol will have much left. 

This really comes down for me about them casting off most of their defenders on the perimeter and adding Harrell.

I could be wrong tho about him. AD and Lebron may cover up the warts. I remain skeptical tho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cjeter24 - 11-22-2020, 08:39 PM