Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 08:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Some of you really need to watch the playoffs this year. There's a lot of basketball knowledge in this community, but McGee was a non-factor in the playoffs from start to finish, not even seeing the court really in the last two rounds. Howard was actually surprisingly effective against Jokic, but imo this was largely due to Mike Malone's lack of understanding of how to exploit that matchup. He played right into LA's hands. Howard, like McGee, was a non-factor in the finals. 

AD at center is what won LAL that championship. They clearly don't want to play that way all season, and that's fine. The options they have now (Gasol and Harrell) bring much, much, MUCH more to the table than McGee/Howard did. Howard is so dumb he doesn't even know when he's being offered a contract. His goal for this free agency was to get a deal for guaranteed money, and there were so few teams willing to offer such a contract that he was forced to take a 1-year deal for his minimum on the first day of free agency. This is not a player you worry about losing.

Wesley Matthews averaged 6 points a game in the series against the Heat for the Bucks
Marc Gasol lost most of his minutes down the stretch to Ibaka. Marc Gasol aeraged 6 points a game and had a game where he did not score in the series against Boston. 

Yes the Lakers did good by signing Schroeder but I am not so sure if he is an upgrade over "Playoff Rondo". That playoff point guard experience you get with Rondo is going to be missed.

I guess it will remain to be seen but I do not think they got better. I think their perimeter defense got worse and I think their shooting got worse.

(11-22-2020, 08:21 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: TLDR: I remain skeptical that Vogel can coach a team to a championship that relies on their offense to win games which I think LAL will now. But never bet against Lebron.

Exactly I think they got extremely worse defensively specifically Perimeter defense and Front Court Defense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by Omega_Supreme - 11-22-2020, 08:24 PM