Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 07:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hate to say it, but imo, the team who had the best off-season in the West might've been the Lakers. 

Portland and Dallas also did well, imo, and the Clippers are one PG away from patting themselves on the back, too. I think they might get it done. 

Gonna be a crazy season.

Call me crazy... But I think they actually had one of the worst of the contenders. 

Harrell is such a massive downgrade for who they are. They won by defense. Harrell was an absolute liability against everyone in the playoffs. 

Gasol is a nice pickup but I'm not sure how much he has in the tank. He's a banger and can shoot and he's definitely an upgrade from McGee if he's got anything left. 

But they lost almost all of their best defending role players. I'm not sure there are any real upgrades except maybe Schroeder over Rondo offensively.

To me it feels like the Lakers fell in love with the big names regardless of fit instead of actually getting better and getting guys that fit what they want to do. Vogel has always been an all defense team that just scores enough. And so far he's not been able to win with offensive style play. 

But in an indirect play... They may have had a great offseason because I'm not sure anyone at the top of the west improved. And I'm not sure anyone but the Bucks in the East contenders got better. 

I think the league is wide open yet again.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cjeter24 - 11-22-2020, 08:19 PM