Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 05:35 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: So context matters here a bit too. KP came in thin and never really bulked up. That's a recipe for nagging injuries. And he had them.  He's alot better place now physically.

And then he had a serious injury on his knee. A bit of a fluke on the type of play but it happens. 
So one thing to know about major knee injuries is that it's EXTREMELY common to injure your other knee/leg within the first few years. It's so hard to have your legs/muscles not compensate for injury. More than likely KP's current injury is a direct result from his previous knee injury. The Klay achilles is likely a result from his knee injury. I'd have to dig for some sources on this. But Stephanie Bell with ESPN has discussed this extensively over the years on the Fantasy focus podcast. 

Perhaps they aren't related but I can't help but notice there was swelling on the opposite knee multiple times during the season. I don't believe the current injury was a random fluke play.

Yup. The body is about symmetry and once it's out of whack, other injuries occur because you are favoring your non-injured parts to compensate. I guess what really scares me me the most is that you can rationalize the Klay injury due to age, mileage and how seemingly quick he came back. I do think Athletes do tend to come back from injury to quickly which makes sense considering how competitive they are and how much money is the line for both teams and players. But with KP? Everyone was extremely cautious after the first knee injury, almost to the opposite extreme and it seemingly didn't matter. Do we do the same thing this time around and just sit hit for the season? I wouldn't rule that out, especially if the team gets off to a slow start.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cow - 11-22-2020, 05:52 PM