Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 04:53 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Now, that's a separate conversation, and one worth having, but honestly, until another serious injury sets KP back, I prefer him by quite a large margin. 

I see pulling AD out of the paint as a very important part of the blueprint to beat that Lakers defense over the next 5 years.

Another serious injury might be too late.  I love KP but he's never given any evidence that he can play a full NBA season.  A lot of my thinking is going to be frame around the recent Klay injury, but I'd honestly try to cash in on KP's worth when he comes back and returns to form.  Yes, his second injury was to his other leg and was a contact injury.  Some guys are just unlucky and that might be the case with him but that's two knee injuries and lower leg injuries usually lead to more lower leg injuries. 

This line of thinking has noting to do with Gobert.

So context matters here a bit too. KP came in thin and never really bulked up. That's a recipe for nagging injuries. And he had them.  He's alot better place now physically.

And then he had a serious injury on his knee. A bit of a fluke on the type of play but it happens. 
So one thing to know about major knee injuries is that it's EXTREMELY common to injure your other knee/leg within the first few years. It's so hard to have your legs/muscles not compensate for injury. More than likely KP's current injury is a direct result from his previous knee injury. The Klay achilles is likely a result from his knee injury. I'd have to dig for some sources on this. But Stephanie Bell with ESPN has discussed this extensively over the years on the Fantasy focus podcast. 

Perhaps they aren't related but I can't help but notice there was swelling on the opposite knee multiple times during the season. I don't believe the current injury was a random fluke play.

For the WCS signing I would have preferred Gasol but I also want to see WCS here bought in with a full season. Based on some of his quotes this offseason he seems to be bought in a bit. 

I was curious to see if they would spend the rest of the MLE or save it into the season. 

I think it's extremely clever to sign WCS at a fairly decent pay raise even if he's not worth more than the minimum. They've created another 6 mill in salary matching piece during the year. And another expiring. 

idk what they do... But something is going to come together with all these expirings via trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cjeter24 - 11-22-2020, 05:35 PM