Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 04:37 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Guys, guys, guys....it's over with Gobert. Stop talking about Gobert, please.

CAN Gobert and KP coexist on the court? OF COURSE!! 

Is it a good idea to have those two players taking up 60% of your cap long term, FORCING you to play that way as much as possible? OF COURSE NOT!

Is Gobert (or KP, for that matter) a possible future trade asset? Yes, of course, but do REALLY expect that the Mavs are thinking this way as a reason to acquire a player who wants to get a max offer NEXT SUMMER, and will likely be very upset not to immediately begin talks about this five minutes after his arrival here? 

Please.
And all the signs from the draft and FA seem to point to KP being the main 5...

KL is right here. Now you trade KP at some point for Beal or somebody then let's talk about a Gobert type. I am still of the mind though that the center position has changed. I think you can get by with a committee center situation absent a unicorn player like KP. I would much rather spend my assets on wings if given the choice.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-22-2020, 05:04 PM