Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 04:34 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I’ve been thinking rather than posting mostly. Which is equally dangerous for me. But here it goes finally:

Zero chance Giannis stays in Milwaukee long-term. Zero. Zip. None. When has anyone ever stayed in Milwaukee? And why would you? Utah isn’t a bad city. Milwaukee is. Giannis won’t be a Buck much longer. Or at least, there’s no logical reason to believe he will.

What happens when a backwater franchise (like Orlando) gets a big-time star (like Shaq)? Or New Orleans? And Anthony Davis? We all know the answer, right? 

Giannis will be a Laker. Or a Warrior. Or maybe a Heat (Hottie?). Or perhaps, just possibly, he could be a Mav. Unlike the usual star-crossed, unrequited, would-be lovers we have all dreamed about, this big fish is gonna get landed. By someone. I guarantee it. Don’t see why it couldn’t be the Mavs. 

And this off-season convinces me the Mavs are thinking similar thoughts.

*not about Gobert

Outside of Dirk, stars haven't wanted to stay in Dallas or come to Dallas either.  We are probably closer to "backwater franchises" than we are to destination cities like LA, NY or Miami (Boston too I guess, but that's an awful place to live).  That's why we should hope Giannis stays to give us hope that Luka might as well.  Don't expect Luka to have Dirk's patience.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cow - 11-22-2020, 04:41 PM