Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 11:17 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Why do ppl not understand that KP is our center? Mavs are not going to get a traditional starting center next to KP. KP is the center and next to him needs to be a stretch 4 that plays good defense.

I am late to the Gobert party, but few things. 

-I doubt Mavs are locked on KP as 5, and even if they are they can change their mind. RC learns and can be flexible. 

-KP has injuries concerns as discussed before.

-With GSW dynasty over, and Rockets experiment leading to be the unrecognized 2nd best team in the league few years ago and then downhill, the league is actually starting to get bigger, not smaller. 

-If AD had Mcgee and DHoward playing 5 with him, I don't see why KP won't eb able to coexist with Gobert. 

-For me, most importantly. it is about defense. 
I generally believe that defense is just like offense, you go as far as your best player. yes it is team concept etc, but most good defensive team had at least one or two recognized All NBA defensive player, or DPOY

Lakers last year? DHoward 3 DPOY, AD was top 3 candidate,while Rondo (4) and Green (1) were All NBA defensive teams before. Lebron (6)

Raptors: Gasol and Kawhi were DPOY , Ibaka was 3 times All NBA defensive teams 

GSW: Green is DPOY, Klay was NBA all defensive teams once and Iggy twice. 

Cavs: (Not much, except for Lebron) 

Spurs: Duncan and Kawhi , no need to say more. 

Miami: Wade and Lebron who had multiple all defensive teams. 

Mavs: Tyson (DPOY) with Kidd (multiple defensive team) 

-It is true that Mavs have KP who is good defender and say he wants to be DPOY in the future, but he was lower than Luka in All NBA defensive team voting -for whatever wtf reason- and he might never be that guy in the future.

If the Mavs don't see KP as that elite defender, who can lead you to a championship type of defense, then I am all for Gobert

PS: I am not advocating for him, but I just don't see how people are very dismissive of this idea. If the Mavs get him in FA, I would still be happy though not for the max
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by khaled1987 - 11-22-2020, 04:01 PM