Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
This board is insanely obsessed with pairing KP with a traditional center. Whether it's Vucevic last year or Adams years Gobert this board loves this idea. 

I am telling you it isn't going to happen, period. That ship has sailed. Mavs are looking for a center. That center would back up KP, not play with KP. 

Mavs thought Powell would be the perfect fit next to KP. They tried giving him an outside shot to make it work. KP was lost on offense to start the year. He basically was relegated to a spacer. 

Once Powell was hurt you saw him unleashed bc he could do pick and roll, or anything he wanted to do on offense. Like Powell the Mavs want a big next to KP who can defend the perimeter and allow KP to occupy the paint on defense. Gobert or Adams or any other type of traditional big is not going to do that. 

Therefore a Maxi, Johnson, DFS type will be the guy next to KP. That's just the way its going to be. I still contend that Maxi is the best fit next to KP in the starting lineup for most match ups so I hope Mavs get there eventually.

All that to say Mavs are not going to do this twin towers deal ever. Even Myles Turner is not the best fit. Think Aminu, Maxi, Tucker, big wing types that can play small ball center but also guard the perimeter. That's what the Mavs want.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by StepBackJay - 11-22-2020, 03:03 PM