Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 03:22 AM)sefant Wrote: Not a fan in the slightest of trading for Paul George. A 1 yr rental maybe. And losing all your role players/assets in the process. Clippers take it (if they are indeed shopping him for a while) and are happy they don't lose him next year for free. Paul George as a free agent next year, sign me up. He is not a guy i break the bank for. Ever since he got injured, he hasn't shown me a level that i would trade for him. In some ways it might be a comparable case to Oladipo. Clippers are the "laughing stock" for what Presti got out of them after Playoff P arrived.

We should act as a team that can get something done in free agency. This isn't the old Mavs anymore with Dirk in his 30's. If the Clippers fell apart, it might very well be Paul George and Kawhi testing free agency next year. All off the sudden the Mavs looking like supreme destination with max cap available.

There is also the argument that Luka + KP + role players would be better than Luka + KP + Paul George + an empty roster. I take DFS, Kleber, maybe THJ/Richardson (that 3 man combo) + max cap next year over Paul George any day of the week.

The point wasn't "let's trade for Paul George." It was "lot's of things happen suddenly in this league."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by KillerLeft - 11-22-2020, 02:29 PM