Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 12:12 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:48 AM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:17 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Why do ppl not understand that KP is our center? Mavs are not going to get a traditional starting center next to KP. KP is the center and next to him needs to be a stretch 4 that plays good defense.

Injury concerns. KP gets hurt again and we move on. No player his size has played more than 1000 NBA games. Therefore i think it’s important to at least keep a two time DPOY on our radar 

The fit defensively would be awkward(probably play zone). Offensively i don’t see how KP plays any different than your typical stretch 4

It's already been decided. Mavs will use KP at the 5. Down the stretch Rick had an opportunity to play a bigger guy next to KP and didn't. Even when we only had KP and Maxi as healthy bigs Rick would play Jax at the four over Boban.

Rick wants that spacing offensively with KP and thus will put a stretch 4 next to him. I would prefer Maxi over DFS many nights.

I do think Mavs need another big, that's why I like Baynes. He is very underrated and can help this team. I think KP should play zero back to backs the rest of his career. Mavs do not need to break the bank to shore up the big rotation.
I’m with you on this offseason. Sign Baynes and call it done and this is a good offseason 

Last season i don’t know how much you can say what rick would do because we ran out of bigs. All we really had was maxi and KP after powell went down. 

As strange as it seems, a player like Gobert offensively would be a great fit with KP. As fun as it was to watch KP slam it down on pick and rolls with Luka, I just don’t think that jives with KP staying healthy. Offensively KP would be Dirk. Gobert more like Chandler. Gobert/Luka pick and roll 20 times a game would be lethal. Gobert would be a beast on offensive boards. KP would be Dirk and use his size to score those mid range off the glass shots and 3’s(just like a stretch 4)

All that said, it’s less about it being a perfect fit and more about bringing in the most talent for Luka and then figure it out from there
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by Jason Terry - 11-22-2020, 12:40 PM