Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 12:17 PM)MAVS-SLO Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:30 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:17 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Why do ppl not understand that KP is our center? Mavs are not going to get a traditional starting center next to KP. KP is the center and next to him needs to be a stretch 4 that plays good defense.

I think people understand Jay. KP will play center a lot in 5-out situations. But do you really want KP banging with guys like Jokic, Nurkic, Harrell, Ibaka, McGee, Zubac, Valanciunas, Adams, Ayton, even Poetl for half the game? 

Powell might be our answer, but even he will have a hard time against those guys. We saw that last year. The Mavs need a starting center with some beef. Just like the Lakers need a center to protect AD.

I completely agree with you. I think with we will be much more balanced team if we sign a center, instead of power forward.

I think we need to look some things in a little bit different way. KP si unique player. In offense he plays much more like a 4, than a 5. But in defense, there is a lot of things that depends on a opposite players. He can't fight with stronger centers mentioned and it's bad perimeter defender beacuse of his size.

So in that way, we need to add a player who could do a ''dirty work'' and fight with stronger centers and who is also athletic enough to defend a quicker power forwards.

Gobert isn't that and also doesn't fit with his game in offense. Especially not for a max contract. 

I still think that the perfect player for that role is Myles Turner. On the both sides of the floor. It's also on a decent contract, Texas native and it's perfect fit for that Dallas longterm roster.

A lot of people saying that Indiana project with Sabonis and Turner didn't work, but Porzingis is much more athletic, plays much more outside the rim and Turner would be perfect big next to him. 

With Indiana's locker room problems and Oladipo staying we should try everything to bring him to Dallas.

What is your opinion what Indiana would want for him?

Kleber + Johnson/Powell + draft picks? Or try a 3 team trade?

Hardaway + Brunson gets it done. Not advocating, and I don’t think Dal would. Indy was 4 seed w/out Oladipo.  THJ + Warren + Brogdon is lethal offensively. Turner and Sabonis at the 4 and 5.  That’s a good team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by SweetFidelia - 11-22-2020, 12:36 PM