Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 10:15 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:45 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Instead of Johnson being the incoming to Dallas, we could add Maxi and bring back Gobert. 

Is it possible? Clearly the Mavs would need to add probably 2 first round picks, so 2025 and 2027

Is there rumor? Zach Lowe reported NBA execs have speculated about a Gobert trade to Dallas

What do the tea leaves say? Gobert recently started following Cuban on twitter; and Mavs locked up a backup PG (Burke) and Utah locked up a starting caliber center (Favors)

What's in it for the other side? Gobert is up for a Supermax

Should the Mavs invest $65 million combined to KP and Gobert? Really tough call but the West has gotten much bigger. I say yes. Gobert was clearly impressed with the Mavs' Doncic pick

https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/...72416?s=20

Gobert is a star.  3 x All NBA and 2 x DPOY.  He would be a great use of space in 21, so why not sooner.  5-Out can be a gadget as opposed to a set lineup.  Gobert would protect KP's career.  I fully get the issue on the perimeter when both play together, but the perimeter defenders are better than they were a week ago and there will be a big waiting at the rim when someone blows by KP or Gobert on the perimeter.

Dallas could go ahead and lock up everyone with extensions.  It also makes the roster news we've heard make sense (note I'm assuming both Maxi and Brunson in the outgoing):

Gobert/Powell/Boban
KP/DFS/Bey
THJ/Iwunu/Lee
JRich/Green/Terry
Luka/Burke/JJB
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-22-2020, 11:02 AM