Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 10:15 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:45 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Instead of Johnson being the incoming to Dallas, we could add Maxi and bring back Gobert. 

Is it possible? Clearly the Mavs would need to add probably 2 first round picks, so 2025 and 2027

Is there rumor? Zach Lowe reported NBA execs have speculated about a Gobert trade to Dallas

What do the tea leaves say? Gobert recently started following Cuban on twitter; and Mavs locked up a backup PG (Burke) and Utah locked up a starting caliber center (Favors)

What's in it for the other side? Gobert is up for a Supermax

Should the Mavs invest $65 million combined to KP and Gobert? Really tough call but the West has gotten much bigger. I say yes.

I realize that some people don't like the fit of Gobert here.  But I think Gobert is the most likely really big name that we nab in the next year.

Additionally, Utah drafted Dok from Kansas.  He COULD be seen as Gobert lite, or a Gobert replacement.  Doesn't necessarily mean that they are moving on from Gobert, but it made me raise my eyebrows on draft night.

Edit: Let me explain that I think RC would make it work. I totally understand his liabilities. But you have two brilliant offensive bball minds in RC and Luka so as long as you surround him with shooters on the offensive side of the ball you can look at Gobert as a Tyson Chandler on offense. PnR and lob catcher.

On the defensive side of the ball you surround him with KP and wings that can guard in space (and Luka, of course). He and KP anchor your defense down low providing excellent rim protection together. That gives your wings much more confidence that they can play further out to protect the 3 because if they get blown by (and they will get blown by occasionally) they have two rim protectors. I realize that the league has changed since 2011 and shooting is more abundant. But playing zone at times in the playoffs is a strategy that can work.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by kankka - 11-22-2020, 10:37 AM