Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 01:34 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:16 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I kind of expect him to play Seth minutes, not backup PG minutes.
In the situation we're talking about, I don't see why he can't do both.

Well, define "can't"...we'd have to ask Carlisle, and my guess is that it would depend on the answer to my post above.

(11-22-2020, 01:35 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: And thus the argument for team flexibility. 

My biggest argument for Bogdon is that if a guy like George pops up now we don't have a good centerpiece for very good player plus assets to make a deal. I strongly believe Bogdon's #s take a nice jump up here with the talent around him, plus a system that caters to guards that can shoot and run the PNR/general playmaking skills. 

If we were to sign Bogdan I'd be willing to bet he's scoring 20ppg efficiently the first 2months of the year. I'm that confident in the offensive fit. Now imagine flipping that into George or someone else with the other assets we have.

Hey man, you might be 100% right about all of that. I choose not to get bent out of shape about situations like that because we aren't in position to know A) whether the Mavs would even want him in any type of plan or B) whether he wants to play here. 

I said this in another conversation, but for all we know, he's trying to BE a team's Luka. (primary ball-handler, not necessarily superstar) There's just no way for us to know.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by KillerLeft - 11-22-2020, 01:35 AM