Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 01:17 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:11 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Ok now I'm confused why everyone thinks Jalen Brunson is a good backup PG and Trey Burke is not a PG at all.  They have almost identical assist and turnovers numbers.

I said I'm not sure. I just want to see him run the team for 20 games, and I've never seen that. I HAVE seen him do his best Lou Williams impression, and I LOVE him in that role.

The thing is with PG's and any position there are different types. Chris Paul is a fantastic PG and so is Steph. Completely different players. They both run the offense and both get assists. (perhaps you could use a better pg than Steph that gets more assists)

Steph is going to draw in the defense with his offense and then make the pass. 

Paul is going to maneuver the defense and create the openings with his passing and savvy. 
Generally your pg's fall into one of these 2 roles. Luka arguably is equally good at both ha. We are stupid lucky.

No exception for Brunson and Burke here. They both have their uses and depending on your roster construction really determines what you need more of in a backup guard.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by cjeter24 - 11-22-2020, 01:26 AM