Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 01:16 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:09 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We're not talking about a lot of time in the game where Luka is sitting. I mean, he could possibly reach 38-40 mpg this season if he gets some time off randomly while still being in the game.

Oh, for sure. It's an assumption on my part, but based on how he flourished in his playoff role, the fact that they brought him back on a three year deal, and the need for more playmaking in general, I kind of expect him to play Seth minutes, not backup PG minutes. 

I think Terry is behind Burke, Green is behind Richardson, Mace Windu is behind DFS and Tyler Bey is behind Johnson, all four of them learning how they're supposed to play here. I see METHOD. PLANNING. One of any of those pairings is expendable at any point as a trade asset. Built in redundancies. Losing DFS in a trade won't scare us as much if we've seen that Mace Windu can play. Etc, etc, etc. 

Then again, maybe Burke will just be a deep bench guard. The above is just my early take on it all.
This is all in the hypothetical that we get a clear-cut upgrade in 1 player for THJ/Brunson. If that is the case, I'll take my chances on Burke being good enough to play a few minutes (with JRich as another ball handling playmaker in the game) while Luka sits. That's also saying that the return isn't another ball handling playmaker themselves.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by ItsGoTime - 11-22-2020, 01:23 AM