Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 01:07 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:58 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: -

Yes, sir. BRAVO!

And, while I know we as Dallas fans only know the life of kamikaze piloting ourselves from one drunken, ill-advised, big money trade to the next, I'm convinced that a key part of the process you're describing above is the ABSENCE of roster CRAP, or as close to none of it as you can get. 

Somewhere along the line for Mavs fans, "flexibility" became a word used to describe "failure," and so the emotions involved with those words are now linked for many. The post championship Mavs were in total denial. Everything they tried for like 8-9 years was moronic as hell. Think of that as Donnie going to GM grad school, if you want, but regardless, THIS situation is different. You'd almost have to TRY to mess this up. 

Have we not noticed how the national guys are paying attention to everything the Mavs are doing this time, even in a year when they don't have cap space? Relevance is on the rise. This is all working, and we should all just enjoy the ride, imo.

For the record... I think I've decided to call it Plan BOB (Bigger or Better) lol. 
Yeah and in the game of BOB you sometimes make a trade that's actually not as good as what you had but then it leads to something even better. 

I think that move so far could be Wright. It was a move that actually seemed like step back. But it allowed us to trade for James Johnson and his fairly large expiring deal. That's really about the same value of 9 mill of cap if you had kept that instead of signing Wright. That piece may turn into something better. I'd actually go as far to say that I'll be shocked to see J Johnson on the team past the deadline. But I also thought Lee would be gone too. But to also be fair... They were so close to almost turning him into Danny Green. You can't always close the trades when playing BOB.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by cjeter24 - 11-22-2020, 01:16 AM