Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 12:44 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:33 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: I think Dan's HIBW plan is what the Mavs are trying to do. 

OF COURSE! 

FYI, anytime I've advocated the 2021 plan, I've done so with the above in mind, fully ready to break off and commit to something awesome if/when the time comes. 

It's not all about Giannis. 

But honestly, HIBW is just a cap space plan, only the smart way to do it. Have a good team first, then maintain flexibility while improving the team. The exciting young players + playoff status + a little playoff success (hopefully) = PLAYERS WANT TO JOIN. On your way to creating that scene, you have the flexibility to ditch it for another Porzingis trade anytime another Porzingis situation comes up. Worst case scenario, you re-sign the guys you like and start an over the cap approach, only with players YOU signed to contracts YOU think they're worth. It's such a better situation than the Dirk years, which, in hindsight, make me think Don Nelson was hammered 24/7.  

Honestly, if everyone would just let Fish's stupid "plan powder" phrase go, people could get over the triggering that causes and start thinking instead of reacting. I believe that it's very obvious that they're on a good path, and while we obviously can't predict the outcome, at least they're not beating themselves.
Agree that the terminology is what throws people off. I see it as “enjoying the flexibility until the dye is cast on Luka’s first team” 

This is an unusual time since Luka is on his rookie deal. We need to stack as much talent around him as possible until he signs his max extension. Once that kicks in we will become limited with KP also on a max deal. We’re building a juggernaut and this is how you do it. With or without Giannis we will have an insane amount of talent for Luka’s first team
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by Jason Terry - 11-22-2020, 01:03 AM