Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-22-2020, 12:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:29 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: All that said, I think a THJ/Brunson package could possibly bring back a really nice player!

It ABSOLUTELY could. Lots and lots of teams really need shooting. The problem is, you move Curry AND THJ AND KP is injured, the Mavericks could be among them in the blink of an eye, and there goes all that real estate Luka enjoys. 

Count me among those who think THJ's defense, while certainly not a strength, is not the huge issue it's made out to be, and might not even be that bad in a situation where the rest of the team defends better. Ditto for Luka, and I feel like HE'S even going to improve some on that end.
That's what I'm saying with THJ. His defensive deficiencies (I believe are larger than you are willing to admit) can be overcome with the multitude of defenders we just got. 

Sometimes we just need stops in a game to change the momentum. Last year we had no options whatsoever to make that happen. We now have those options, guys that can just make it miserable for the opposite team and "muddy the waters" so-to-speak. 

That makes having the quick decisions-making sharpshooting that THJ brings, a much bigger asset.

Edit: Also, count me in the camp that after seeing Luka up his defense in the playoffs last year, that believes he shows as a neutral defender this year evolving his all around game. This is of course based on the assumption that JRich is a good enough secondary ball-handler to spell Luka on offense periodically as needed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by ItsGoTime - 11-22-2020, 01:00 AM