Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 11:30 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:26 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I'm completely fine if the Mavs take is we don't want him here long term and don't want to get stuck with him or give up something they do want here long term. By all indications Brunson is someone they want here longterm so that could be why they wouldn't have interest in making a deal.

I'm completely fine if the Mavs dont think he's good enough.  Same with Brogdon last year.

I'm getting a little tired of the flexibility argument though.  We haven't signed anyone good in a decade.  Everyone has flaws.  Then we end up with Delon Wright.

Yeah I think that's sort of what I'm saying too. If you don't want him as your starting SG long term but you want Richardson or THJ in that role than you are saying he's not good enough. And I think based on known play Richardson (Miami version and what we expect we are getting) and THJ you could argue are just as good. Bogi's upside is higher here for sure. 

The fascinating thing for me is to see is whether the Mavs decide to go big or small starting lineup. With Luka you have so many options. He's the PG obviously but based on his heigh you could have him be the SF and go smaller with your SF that's really a SG or PG. It's all semantics what you call them really. 

Do you want to go with a guard like Jrue in FA next year (don't think that's going to be a thing but just pulling out a name) or do you want to go with a more traditional forward like Kawhi/George. Or a true one positional forward like Griffin. 

I'm just pulling out the big names from FA next year obviously. But yeah you are probably not signing any of those but you get the point. 

I'd think the current plan at the very least is to have Luka, DFS/Green, KP being 3 long term starters. And they are figuring out who the rest are.

Raptors lost Ibaka. Curious to see if they lose Gasol. 

I would not be surprised to see them decide to eventually cut bait with the old guard in season aka Lowry on an expiring deal. 

Ibaka is a big loss. He averaged 15ppg last year on really good shooting #s. For a team that doesn't have elite scoring options that's a hit.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by cjeter24 - 11-21-2020, 11:44 PM