Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 07:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: When you put it that way, not much to argue with. We'll see. As I said to SH, I just hope that if they let him walk, they can find a way to replace what he brought in terms of rim protection and athletic finishing. I suspect not. I'm not expecting him to be one of our five best players - I just want him to provide a needed skillset when KP sits (like the first month of the season!!!). Whatever his commitment to basketball is, I doubt you're going to find those raw talents for equal or less money. Is there someone more committed to basketball out there who can provide those same two benefits that WCS provides consistently without basketball interest who would be available for $6 mil or less a year and within the Mavs' timeline???

There's no perfect solution. Ibaka might be able to approximate the rim protection but he's not a finisher. Instead you get is extended range shooting ability. Baynes is more physical so he doesn't check either box but you can have him wrestle with more traditional centers and again, has extended range. Triston Thompson I really don't like but he's probably the best rebounder of the bunch...I just don't think he's a fit for the modern NBA. I'm drawing a blank on the other options.

If we aren't in this Bogi hunt, I wish we'd just go get Baynes at this point. He seems to fit the price range and he gives a damn.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by cow - 11-21-2020, 07:20 PM