Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 07:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:59 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Yeah, I remember your dismissal of WCS in the game threads, and could never figure it out. I kept asking myself, "Is SH watching the same game I am?" WCS looked just fine to me at those times you found him to be underwhelming or not showing up.

At some point, you're going to be willing to play and value an athletic rim-runner/rim-protector, or you aren't. We have a unicorn, but not every center in the league is a unicorn. Perimeter defense and switching is important. I see no evidence that there's no longer need in the NBA for rim protection.

Fair enough. I guess we just gotta agree to disagree on WCS. From what I remember, WCS had maybe 1 above average game for the Mavs where his talents truly shone.

I will gladly eat crow if WCS leaves and blossoms somewhere else. I just don't know if that'd ever happen.

Yeah, you're likely right. I just hope that the Mavs can find a way to match the rim protection and finishing athleticism he brought if they choose to look elsewhere.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by Scott41theMavs - 11-21-2020, 07:08 PM