Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 04:13 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:08 PM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 03:58 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: In terms of forwards I think DFS could both start at PF and give you some SF minutes. If Mavs were able to land another big wing then its possible DFS gets moved to the bench and gets his minutes there at both PF and SF. Mavs could just get a backup C like Baynes and still be fine. With KP's injury history its not a bad idea to have 1 more big in the mix. I do think between DFS and Josh Green you should have most of your backup SF minutes covered. THJ and Rich are "wings" with one of them technically eating up a lot of those starting SF minutes.
This is about right. It gets more complicated when you think about KP being a 4 on offense and 5 on defense. Luka is a 1 on offense and 1-3 on defense i guess depending on matchups.

Post-Powell, KP became the 5 on offense and never looked back. Even in the playoffs KP was the 5. He does more rolling and other things as the center. On defense clearly he is the 5. You know he's the 5 for sure because they don't play him much with an actual 5 like Boban a lot (altho when they do I love it). This is why I was not crazy ab all this Wood hype. Wood of course is like a PF/C hybrid but in Rick's system he would be the 5. KP needs to be the 5 so that he has more to do than stand out on the perimeter. He needs to play next to a stretch 4 which has been a part of Rick's offense for more than a decade. Last year Rick tried Powell and KP together and it didn't work at all. After Powell's injury we saw KP unleashed as the 5 and so that put the end of any idea that KP would ever play next to another rim-rolling center again.
I don’t remember KP down low on offense at all. He was basically a bootleg version of Dirk on offense all year. When he’s out there I think we need someone who can play down low and get offensive boards. I don’t understand how 5 guys on the 3pt line will work forever. That’s where i can see Johnson or DFS thriving
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by Jason Terry - 11-21-2020, 04:24 PM