Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 04:09 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Realistically I would be happy with WCS or Baynes. There are tons of guys out there that are at least decent, I don't doubt Mavs will get someone useful.

You would think those deals would be done by now if those were the targets.  Maybe we are running out some more ground balls...

Those type of deals can get done whenever so I am sure they are still trying for something better. With the game of musical chairs going on its possible that an Ibaka, Millsap-level talent all of a sudden run out of suitors (altho not likely). At that point Mavs snatch up that player. Assuming that doesn't happen then Mavs will settle into a nice backup big.

Bog is the only biggish name still out there and it's unlikely he will join the Mavs.

Otherwise you have I think Ibaka, Millsap, Gasol as some of the more interesting names at center. Ibaka will prob go to Nets, Millsap probably stays (altho how come a deal isn't done yet?) and Gasol is the type of name that could slip through. Lakers would only offer him a vet min and I am not sure he is a Lakers type of guy. I would love his type of leadership on the Mavs.

The thing ab Gasol is he won't look great most of the time but come playoff time he will give you an epic defensive performance or two in a playoff series.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by StepBackJay - 11-21-2020, 04:14 PM