Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 03:17 PM)wisco Wrote: Do we really need another SG/SF? Or can he play the 4?

I think we need more playmaking. Luka is other worldly. But this team is still lacking another playmaker, especially when Luka sits for 15 minutes. Do we really want to rely on Brunson/Burke/Terry?  Brunson is the only one I'm somewhat comfortable with in that role, but even then we saw last year he was stagnant in his development and made plenty of errors. 

God forbid any injury occurs to any one of them and the Mavs are boned. Bogdon provides the same type of scoring THJ does, but also some fantastic playmaking, especially off the PnR.

To add, I do think we need another big also to round out the rotation. Milsap is probably the best among them left. I don't see Ibaka realistically coming here on a discount. Baynes is another I think that would fit seamlessly.

Those are the last 2 moves I'd make. I'd throw 4/72 at Bogdon, sign Baynes(or Milsap) to a 1+1 deal, and worry about creating max room next year when we need to trade Maxi.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by SleepingHero - 11-21-2020, 03:26 PM