Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 11:38 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Kris Dunn to Atlanta probably means they aren't doing Bog? Dallas could do THJ for Bog right?

It's oddly quiet after the speculation to kick of free agency is that he'd sign an offer sheet with Atlanta.

Help me understand what I'm missing.  We went after Gallo which says to me they felt a need for more offensive punch created by trading away Curry, we just couldn't come to terms on the money.  Granted, Gallo plays a different position and adds more size to the 4/5 spot which will be sorely needed to kick off the season, but he isn't going to bring much on the defensive side of the ball and he's not the best rebounder.  The money we were going to give him is probably what Bogi is going to get in free agency.  Why wouldn't the Mavs pursue?  In my mind:

-That's a decent value contract that probably looks better as he plays with Luka in Carlisle's system (asset collection)
-Secondary Playmaker and can give you the shooting you missed out on with Gallo.
-Is friends with Luka
-Prevent the Lakers from acquiring him.

So it comes down to:

-Mavs don't like him (or the money/years)
-Last nights trade screws up some of the bits and pieces for salary matching
-We don't want to give up THJ/Brunson
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by cow - 11-21-2020, 11:47 AM