Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 02:31 AM)Drew Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:15 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: See you guys next year when the Giannis pipe dream falls apart. Normally I am not for it but I will go full I told you so mode when the Mavs don´t get something useful next summer. Feel free to do the same if they actually manage to land Giannis.
Jesus Christ get over yourself. 

This is NOT the same ok’d Mavs doing the same old things. 

If it was we’d have a bunch of 30+ year olds vets on 1 year deals just trying to get to the next season and stay competitive 

Ask yourself this. Are they better today than they were when the playoffs ended.  If you’re saying anything other than YES you’re blind and obviously biased. 

There were no splashy moves to be made that were smart and worth it based on the contracts given. 

And if you say Trez for the MLE, you’re still wrong because he wasn’t taking that in Dallas. He went to the Lakers and took way less on purpose. 

That’s what Dallas will start happening for them when Luka wins the MVP and they go deep in the playoffs. 

You’ve been a massive beating complaint about years past. 

They are not operating that way again. 
(11-21-2020, 02:16 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:15 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: See you guys next year when the Giannis pipe dream falls apart. Normally I am not for it but I will go full I told you so mode when the Mavs don´t get something useful next summer. Feel free to do the same if they actually manage to land Giannis.

No one thinks Giannis is realistically coming my dude.
This. It’s a dream. Not as much as Lebron or something but still a dream. They aren’t doing all this JUST for Giannis but also for other guys that will be available. 
(11-21-2020, 02:19 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:16 AM)cow Wrote:

No one thinks Giannis is realistically coming my dude.

So we are clearing max capspace for Gobert?
Jesus you can’t even help you self from being a horrible douche bag. It’s for whoever is available that helps next offseason. Or at the trade deadline. 
(11-21-2020, 02:19 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:

What you aren't getting is not getting Giannis doesn't make anything they have done in draft/trade/FA this week incorrect. 
 All of this. Even if Giannis or Beal never happens they have made themselves much more enticing and have the ability to make moves next year to finally make them contenders. 

they don’t have those moves to make this year.

The funny thing is that you guys are saying it is not plan powder but than you go on to explain why it is plan powder. Only difference is that Luka is younger and potentially has more upside than Dirk. I am not willing to bet that it is enough to make a difference. It´s not like guys are begging to play for the Mavs.

Then you go on to explain that it isn´t about Giannis. Fine. We all know the names of the 2021 free agency class and we don´t know what will happen. We certainly won´t have the assets to make another big trade. No draft picks left. In this case good signings this offseason would have more value than any expiring. See...Curry on his value contract actually being enough to net Richardson and Bey.
The question in this case is if you trust your ability to make those signings. It´s seems like that´s not the case for the Mavs. They prefer to take the risk free approach of expiring deals.

If you don´t want to call it plan powder we can find a different name. I think Dan called it plan "have it both ways". Or maybe "powder 2.0 now it is working because Luka is awesome".

In the end it is about different concepts of roster building. Personally I prefer the OKC or Celtics way. Not the Cuban, Balmer always go for the big splash approach.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-21-2020, 02:49 AM