Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 02:17 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:12 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:09 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not going to argue with you guys all night - if you want to bitch about this, feel free. I have no idea why you'd want to do that to yourself, but in my opinion, the Mavs are LEARNING. This is how the greats, like Riley, have been doing it for years. 

They have tried some really dumb approaches in the past, but this one is right on target. 

They are a lock to make the playoffs, and I actually think they've given themselves an outside chance to advance! They have the face of the NBA on his ROOKIE DEAL, and they're looking to build a DYNASTY. I don't know if they'll get there, but OMG am I glad they're not just chasing the red dot around the room like my cat does anymore.

Riley clears capspace when he needs it. He is smart enough to give 1+1 deals to players that he wants to keep.

lol, you are literally going out of your way to be against this. THESE WERE TRADES, MY GUY - the mavs didn't choose the contract lengths!!! They just made smart trades that make them better without hamstringing themselves.

They saw a player they liked who they could get on a VALUE deal - BOOM! 3 years for Burke! Best signing of the night, in my opinion - from ANY team. 

THEY. GOT. BETTER. I see no evidence of anything they COULD have done that would've been MORE exciting, other than WOOD, who half of us didn't want, anyway. 

The post championship blunders can't hurt you anymore. This is a whole new team. Let it go. I'm begging you, because I know you love the Mavs and you deserve to enjoy the greatness that's unfolding right in front of you. What they are doing is GENIUS.

(11-21-2020, 02:15 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: See you guys next year when the Giannis pipe dream falls apart. Normally I am not for it but I will go full I told you so mode when the Mavs don´t get something useful next summer. Feel free to do the same if they actually manage to land Giannis.

For the billionth time, IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GIANNIS. I feel like you're trolling. Are you trolling? If so, I'll just move on. 

There's nothing they didn't do that I wish they HAD done. NOTHING. This is AMAZING team building. I literally can't believe how much better their on court outlook FOR THIS SEASON is after like 72 hours of activity. I'm in awe.

They made good use of their draft picks and made one trade that I liked. Now they potentially split the MLE and traded the only contracts that could realistically be used to upgrade the roster this year for 2021 capspace.
The funny thing is that what I am currently witnessing is also happening every single year. The whole year we are talking about the end of plan powder and the need to improve the roster with small moves instead of chasing the big fish. Once we enter free agency it´s forgotten for a few weeks but when it all falls apart everyone was against it all along.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-21-2020, 02:24 AM