Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 08:01 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I do think it's clear that the Mavs need another big, especially if your friend WCS is gone. KP out to start the season, Bobi barely playable... And I understand the argument that "Oh, the Mavs need to rebuild Powell's value," but no they don't, not if they want to win games. He's a guy whose game is 90% predicated on athleticism who just had the most athleticism-wrecking injury in pro sports. His $11 mil is, pretty darn close to objectively, dead money, like the detritus of a stretch waive. So Maxi is currently our starting center to open the season, with no reliable backup. The Mavs will need to be focused on not getting buried standings-wise while waiting for KP's return. That means they need to have some big or another who can provide high quality minutes. Even in the current market, you're going to pay for that.

I think they need two guys that can play 4/5 right now. Favor's isn't a bad an option but not for that money or contract length. I'd rather go the scrap heap for guys your friend WCS. There are a ton of options out there, no need to panic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by cow - 11-20-2020, 08:05 PM