Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 03:06 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: THJ shot 39.8% from three on 7 attempts per game.  Had never approached that percentage before.

DFS shot 37.6% on 4.5 attempts per game.  Had never approached that percentage before.

Are THJ and DFS just that much better players now?  Or are their percentages higher because Luka is amazing?  Count me in the latter camp.  

Now there's two way to look at it:

1.  Hey these guys ARE going to be playing with Luka so their good numbers will remain good.  We already have them and dont need to spend assets acquiring them.  Lets roll with them.

2.  If these meh guys can put up those kind of numbers playing next to Luka, imagine what someone with a lot more talent can do.  Could Bogdan turn into a borderline all-star playing next to Luka?  

I tend to lean more towards 2.  Therefore, if our big investment is on a big, I think the Mavs no longer think they can count on KP to be there when we need him. (more than just missing the beginning of this upcoming season)

Praise Ray Allen.

Bogi could see a two fold bump, in addition to the Carlisle Offense/Luka bump, you also have to consider the getting off the Kings/Luke Walton bump.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by cow - 11-20-2020, 03:10 PM