Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 02:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I guess I just don't see Bogdanovic as a guy so good that you just pay him and make him fit. If others are higher on him than that, I can see the argument. If the Mavs get him, I'll assume they are higher on him, too. What I'm saying is that if they AREN'T interested, I can see why, and I definitely won't suddenly think this GRAND SLAM of an off-season is somehow tainted. I'm also saying (again and again and again, forever) that while the Mavs would and should move Hardaway instantly in the right deal, I definitely don't think getting hm off of the roster is remotely close to something you could call a goal. I think they LIKE him, I think they VALUE him, and I think they're hoping he can build on his success from last season.

If you got Bogi on a similar contract what THJ signed with the Knicks, I that's a win. I know everyone has dreams of a big three but that's probably not a reality. We do need a 3rd piece that compliments Luka and KP. Bogi is that secondary play maker that can help take pressure off of Luka. He can run PNR with KP. He can knock down outside shots. You need strong defenders around him and Luka but I think with KP and the combination of Maxi, DFS, Richardson, Green, we can modify the lineups to matchup pretty well against most other lineups. Bogi will certainly be a better version of what he was with the Kings in a stable organization and in a Carlisle offense powered by Luka and KP. I also think he's contract is going to be easy to move off of should other opportunities arise (play making sharp shooters are always valuable).

I'm also ready to move on from THJ no matter what. I don't think he's good enough to be part of the core three and I don't think he can assume a super sixth man role. And that really bums me out because I think he's a great kid who wants to be here and has been the most pleasant surprise from the KP deal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by cow - 11-20-2020, 03:04 PM