Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
RE: Christian Wood

As I have stated elsewhere for months, I am super enamored with him. Some thoughts:

1) He LED the entire Pistons team in Defensive On/Off last year with +4.5. That is HARD to do in 1300+ mins on the floor. He was +1.99 DRPM, +2.7 RAPTOR D.

2) He also LED the entire Pistons team in Offensive On/Off last year with +5.9. That is HARD to do. He was +1.54 ORPM, +1.8 RAPTOR O.

3) Doing BOTH of those at the same time is INCREDIBLE. Almost impossible that this is a statistical "fluke" and points to how incredibly effective he was on BOTH sides of the ball last year. 

4) His PER was 23.4 last year with 66% TS%, 39% 3P% (3.8 attempts per 36, 40.4% on catch and shoot, 43.7% when wide open). This is DAMN good.

5) He was 95.4 percentile as the roll man...and 92.3 percentile in defending the pick and roll......ELITE.

6) He split his time equally between 4 and 5. He fits perfectly the Mavs need for big man depth.

7) He just turned 25 years old and has always played with great energy and athleticism, but has struggled to channel and focus that. It seems things have "clicked" for him.

Almost needless to say he is far and away NUMBER ONE on my free agent big board. But I have ONE anxiety:

He is known to kind of do his own thing on the court and not pay attention to details. Is that an old leaf in his past? How will he do with RC as the coach?

ALL IN FOR CHRISTIAN WOOD.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by Kammrath - 11-20-2020, 02:14 PM