Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 01:32 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: If the Mavs can't or won't get Bog I will be stunned. Clearly the Mavs would be his first choice if they will pay him what he wants. The Kings have leverage bc the Mavs can't do a deal without a S&T. They could say naw we don't want anything the Mavs have. In which case Atlanta or somebody is in the pole position bc they can sign him outright. The Kings have his rights so that gives them of course more leverage. The Kings can try to pit these teams against each other. Just knowing what Bog was going to go for tho (Donte from Bucks) it seems like the Mavs have enough to get him. So if Atlanta gets him I am going to be really frustrated.

So, he has a LITTLE leverage, for sure, because he has to sign an offer sheet. 

And, you're right - SAC has no choice but to move him, for financial reasons pertaining to Fox's upcoming extension, so I'd expect a similarly cheap trade cost (maybe cheaper) in any sign and trade scenario we see. 

But, to assume that A) he wants to be here AND B) the Mavs want him here seems a bit much. It's possible both of those things are true, but it's also possible NEITHER is true.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by KillerLeft - 11-20-2020, 01:37 PM