Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 12:19 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 09:17 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I don't expect THJ to be traded today.  He's a substantial part of what we do and bringing in Richardson hides his lack of playmaking.  I actually think the odds of an extension are higher than the odds of a trade.

Are you saying Richardson hides THJ's lack of playmaking or the other way around?  Richardson isn't a playmaker.

That’s exactly what I’m saying (and what KOC and that other guy from Dallas are saying on The Ringer).  BBall Index rates Playmaking across 11 different metrics.  Richardson grades out in the 81st percentile with a grade of A-.  

A couple comments on some other news:

The issue with Detroit and Wood S&T is Wood is EB.  If Detroit has cap room, it isn’t limiting.  If they’ve used up most of their cap room with all of their trading (which apparently they have), it limits what Wood can get in a S&T to either the remaining cap room amount or 120% of the average salary.  

I think most likely thing with Charlotte is creating a TPE worth Wright’s salary...not a returning player (assuming it is true).  TPE could be more valuable than anything Charlotte has.

OKC has also created a TPE worth $14.4mm which is the size of Oubre’s salary.  May or may not mean anything, but Wright/Jackson would fit into that TPE.  Gallinari could still be in play.  If that is our direction, I really hope WCS returns too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-20-2020, 12:29 PM