Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 11:23 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:21 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:11 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'll be pleasantly surprised if Brunson is back. I always viewed him as a necessary trade sweetener.

My issue with Brunson is that, while I get the sense that he and Luka are kind of tight off the court, they mesh quite poorly on-court. Brunson is quite good when he's the guy initiating the offense. His body language off-ball to Luka - not to mention his play - seems to be not that good based on the experience of watching Mavs games the past two years.

I don't think Brunson would play that "with Luka" role anymore. That role belongs to Richardson now.

If Brunson's role is solely off the bench and never playing with Luka, that's barely even rotational minutes.

Well, I wouldn't say never. I just don't think that's his "role". Seems like that's exactly what Richardson was brought here to do. Maybe Brunson overlaps with Luka because Richardson probably won't play Luka minutes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by fifteenth - 11-20-2020, 11:27 AM