Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 10:46 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'm sure he could put up Julius Randle type big numbers on a shitty team.  I'm just not a fan of investing long term in more bigs.  We already have KP, Powell, Maxi locked up long term.  I already think that Powell deal was a mistake.  Get some cheaper guy in here if you need another big.

Much rather invest in playmaking, shooting, defense perimeter players.

Oh, you definitely don't do it unless you plan for him to take Powell's spot and be the starter next to KP when he comes back. I'll agree with you there. This wouldn't be "more bigs" it would be "better bigs." I would fully expect them to start looking for the first opportunity to remove Powell from the team if Wood was their guy, because his contract doesn't make sense at all for a 4th big. 

And, yeah...I can personally be talked into a one big approach. In fact, that might be my preference. But, I don't think we're sure that's what the Mavs want. 

If they do want to play with two bigs, this guy is GOLD, because he's switchable on defense and can play out (with a rim runner) or BE the rim runner next to KP.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by KillerLeft - 11-20-2020, 10:59 AM